Vegan Banana Pie | So I almost let Pi day get away without posting a yummy pie you can make semi zero wastey. As I scoured Instagram and Facebook today, all I was seeing were everyone’s delicious pictures of pies. About 4 PM rolled around and I just couldn’t take it anymore. I had to make a pie. I first scoured my kitchen to see what I had on hand and sure enough I had most of the ingredients to make a banana pie. It was pretty warm today so that sounded perfect and refreshing.
Where you’ll find your ingredients:
Vegan Banana Pie
- 1 cup roughly crushed walnuts (so that more fit in the measuring scoop) (bulk bins)
- 1 1/4 cup of Medajool Dates (Add as you go, depending on the dates, you might need more or less) (bulk bins)
- 1/8 cup of coconut flakes (bulk bins)
- 1 Banana (Produce)
- 1/2 cup of Condensed Coconut Milk (do not shake can or mix the contents, instead primarily use the thick part that has floated to the top of the can) (Can)
- 1 tb of Agave (bulk bins)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla (glass)
- 1 1/4 cup Cashews (bulk bins)
- Juice of 1 lemon – I like it lemony (Produce)
- Pinch of salt (bulk bins)
Now excuse me while I go polish off the whole plate.