With a world full of plastic and throw away conveniences, I now have to leave my house prepared every day with my non plastic and reusable alternatives. Makes sense, right? To avoid the temptation of buying that plastic bottle of water when I’m super thirsty or asking for that Styrofoam to-go container to bring my half eaten sandwich home, I have assembled a few items that I keep in a cloth bag at all times to ensure I’m always ready for every type of situation.
- Reusable Bag – Not only do I use this bag to carry all of my zero waste necessities, I also use it for last minute runs to the store, to transport my lunch to work, and for any other situation that would tempt me with a plastic bag.
- Stainless Steel Straw – I pack my own reusable stainless steel straws so that I can refuse those pesky plastic ones. You can buy them HERE!
- Mason Jar – It’s small and light making it the perfect container for drinks or snacks.
- Microfiber Cloth – Because I wear glasses I like to keep this on me to avoid using tissues to clean them.
- Hankie – This is really handy for runny noses.
- Eco Lunchbox – I use this for my lunches I take to work as well as for leftovers at restaurants. You can buy one HERE!
- Spork – Sold here or HERE. This is always handy to avoid using disposable cutlery. I love that it has its own bag to keep it clean.
- Cloth Napkin – I use this at restaurants to avoid using several paper napkins. I also use it when I rinse off my spork, lunchbox, or straws when I’m out and about.
Being prepared with a Zero Waste kit will save you from unnecessary trash and single use disposables. This has definitely made my transition so much easier.