This shaving cream will not only leave your skin silky smooth all day but will also soothe, nourish, and protect your skin from the harshness of the safety razor blade. Aloe vera is a miracle worker! My husband walked around all day asking everyone to feel how smooth his face was the first time he used it – it was hilarious. He did give it a pretty good review from a man’s perspective:
In comparison to the conditioner bar I use now, the cream requires you to be a little more attentive to cleaning the razor after use and using a warm towel to wipe your face clean is a must after since it is heavily moisturizing. That being said, the cream allowed for me to get a closer, more effective shave and left my face very smooth all day.
To make this shaving cream you just need Shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera, and any essential oils if you choose to add them. To keep this zero to low waste, either purchase your items in bulk or in recyclable packaging like glass. I am able to get bulk Shea butter at the farmer’s market and the local grocery store sells aloe vera stalks.
Moisturizing Zero Waste Shaving Cream
- 1/2 cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Aloe Vera
- optional: essential oils (about 15-20 drops) **I used lavender.
- Add all ingredients, minus the essential oils, to a double boiler (A double boiler is a bowl on top of a pot of simmering water. This keeps the mixture from scorching from the direct heat of the stove.)
- Heat up the ingredients until the mixture has completely melted and combined.
- Strain the mixture to remove any lumps from the aloe vera plant.
- Add essential oils and mix together.
- Put the mixture into the refrigerator until completely solidified.
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to whip the shaving cream into white, fluffy peaks (about 2-3 minutes)
- Use and enjoy!
- I would put about 3-4 months on the shelf life of this shaving cream but I assure you, you’ll use it all up in under that amount of time.
- This shaving cream is meant to be incredibly moisturizing so it may be slightly greasier than you are use to. Just rinse your legs after use and wipe with a towel to remove excess.
- The composition of the cream may react differently to where you live – depending on climate.
- Though the shaving cream is made of all edible ingredients, I do not recommend eating it.
- You might have to hide this from your spouse because when they see how wonderful it is, they’ll steal it.
This article may contain affiliate links that helps support this blog. 💚